Thursday, February 7, 2008

Victory On The Cross - By Dr. Paul Dhinakaran

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.(Romans 8:37)

Dear friend, do you want victory over the problems in life? There is victory in the blood of Jesus Christ. Yes, God has ordained victory through the blood of Jesus Christ. When you give your heart to Jesus Christ, you become His child.

Every person born in this world will go through trials and tribulations in some stage or the other in their life. But not all are victorious during such times. But when you trust the Lord, you will certainly be victorious during such times.

“In the world you (my children) will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world,” says Lord Jesus (John 16:33).

Many years ago, there was a rich man who generously supported the Lord’s ministry with his finances. Unfortunately, he met with an accident and was admitted to a hospital for fractures in his neck and in his hands. He was tormented by physical pain and agony. He lamented, “Why should I suffer when I gave to the Lord wholeheartedly? His heart was filled with gloom. One day, the Holy Spirit descended on Him. The Holy Spirit opened his eyes and showed him the suffering of Christ Jesus on the cross. No words could describe the suffering and the sorrow that Jesus Christ went through. The body of Jesus Christ was brutally broken. The rich man who had been lamenting realised that his sufferings were nothing when compared to the sufferings of Jesus Christ. He said, “Lord, You have wounds all over Your body. Your hands and feet have been pierced by nails. You have suffered for my sake. Lord, I thank You for Your infinite compassion and mercy. Thank You for sacrificing Yourself on the cross for mankind.” That very moment a divine peace filled his heart. The rich man started forgetting his pain. Very soon he was healed of his wounds in a most miraculous manner and he began to love the Lord all the more. God exalted him and made him wealthier than he had ever been before!“

In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37).

Dear friend, when battered by trials and tribulations, you could get close to losing your faith in the Lord. Circumstances may seem that the Lord has forsaken you but it is during such times that the blood of Jesus Christ pleads for you saying, “Father, my son/daughter cannot bear any more of these sufferings. Please put an end to his/her agony.” His blood intercedes to give you victory over the trials and tribulations in your life.

Prayer:

Loving Lord Jesus,

I fall prostrate before You for Your love for me. I praise and thank You for the victory through Your blood that You have ordained for me on the cross. Strengthen me and help me to look up to You always during hard times. Lord, be with me and guide me in my life. Fill my life with Your grace. I give You all glory, honour and praise.

Amen.

No comments: