Thursday, February 28, 2008

Your Will Be Done - By Dr. Paul Dhinakaran

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:10)

The Lord is aware of the temptations that befall us. He has already passed through the sufferings that we are facing. The Bible says in Hebrews 4:15 and 2:18 that, "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted."
Jesus Christ knowing that His children have to go through such temptations says, "Let me traverse the same path so that I may help those who backslide, offer them necessary strength to overcome and heal their wounds." He traversed that path to help us out in our temptations.
Many years ago, when my father was in prayer, the Lord showed him the happenings that took place in the Garden of Gethsemane. It was a time just before Jesus would have to bear the cross. For three and a half years, He had been speaking to the people who surrounded Him words that were filled with divine love and spent time in healing the sick. He knew that only by giving His life on the cross mankind could have deliverance from sin, sickness, and curse.
But when that hour approached, he found it very difficult to pass through it. Jesus thought, "Not having known death and having full authority over death yet the time has come for Me to face the cross at last" and this thought troubled Him greatly. Then He said to them, "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death." As told in the Scriptures, Jesus Christ was greatly troubled and sorrowful. He looked at His disciples and said, "The hour of darkness is engulfing. My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. The will of My Father is that I should face the cross but My mind is unable to completely comply with His purpose. Please pray for Me."
When our Lord Jesus Christ was in such a frame of mind in the Garden of Gethsemane, satan stood beside Him. Satan who saw the sufferings that Jesus Christ went through would have thought, "Surely He will not obey the commandments and teachings of the Almighty but would backslide and say, 'I will not go to the cross.' Therefore He cannot destroy me and I will continue to have the authority that I now enjoy."
An angel descended and tried to comfort the Lord but could not offer any help because the sufferings, temptations and the sorrows that He would have to bear made Him tremble. He fell to the ground. Big drops of blood fell from His face and body. Fear and physical weakness took charge of Him.
In this world, just as our soul is crushed when we face trials, tribulations, go through physical agony, bear sorrows or struggle with temptations our loving Lord passed through a similar path. In order to know the path in which we travel, He gave Himself willingly after being thoroughly crushed to such an extent that big drops of blood came out of His body.
The Scripture says in Hebrews 9:14, that Holy Spirit descended and comforted Him. As it is told in Acts 1:8, "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you" when the Holy Spirit comes upon us He grants us His consolation and our power increases. Holy Spirit consoled Jesus Christ saying, "Lord Jesus, if You humble Yourself and become obedient to the point of death and willingly accept the cross then God the Father will exalt and give You the name which is above every name, and at the mention of Your name every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:10). Therefore please submit Yourself to His will."
On hearing these words of comfort, Lord Jesus said, "I came here not to fulfill My will but I came into this world just to do the will of My Father. I will follow His commandments and submit to His will." The glory of God descended and strengthened Him. At that time, satan fell to the ground saying, "I am finished. He has accepted to take up the cross and now He will destroy me." With the power that descended upon Him, He had no fear or trembling before people or leaders and boldly took up the cross. As a result, He was exalted and now all confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
The Lord says "My dear children, you who are heavy laden come unto Me, I will heal all your wounds and enable you to lead a life which is according to My will. Therefore give your heart to me." The Lord has done this in our life and He is waiting and willing to do the same in your life also.
Prayer:
Loving Lord Jesus,
I praise and thank You because You swallowed death up in victory. Help me to look up to You always whenever I happen to backslide or if temptation approaches me. Give me the grace to know that I will not be tempted beyond the ability to withstand but also know that You have already paved the way for escape. Heal my wounds and make me whole. I give You all glory, honour and praise.
Amen.

No comments: